Editing the wiki
- 1 Wiki for dummies
- 2 Special rules and pages at wiki.Hackuarium
Wiki for dummies
You're joining Hackuarium and are also new to wikis, you may find this useful to start.
Create an account
- It's easy to create an account
- Become a Trusted User: Ask an admin e.g. Sam to give you the rights. Best reaction time if you are already an Hackuarium member = mention on Slack, channel #wg-onlinetools. If you are not (yet) an Hackuarium member and have any issue, send an email to wiki AT hackuarium DOT ch
Create a page
- Search your title keyword (upper right) on wiki.hackuarium.ch, to make sure the page doesn't exist yet. ! Case sensitive
- Create according to the suggestion
- Make sure to create a link to that page on another page! Typically, list your new active project in the section Projects
Quick Syntax Basics from Wikimedia
Everything you need to know is here.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki release mailing list
- Localise MediaWiki for your language
Different on our wiki
Some things don't work exactly like the instructions from wikipedia above.
Uploading a file, such as an image
- Uploading a file = creating a special page for it here: http://wiki.hackuarium.ch/index.php?title=Special:Upload
- On your page, create an internal link with the usual syntax. Examples of code:
[[File:File-name.jpg|thumb|left|Legend in the box]] will put an image in a frame, on the left of the text, with a legend.
[[File:document-name.pdf]] will link to the versioning page, where you can open the document.
[[Media:document-name.pdf]] will open directly the document in the browser
[[Media:document-name.pdf | New name]] try it!
Special rules and pages at wiki.Hackuarium
The structure should be found one day around http://wiki.hackuarium.ch/index.php?title=Mode_d%27emploi In the mean time, please see Category:Manual
EN vs FR versions
Slack channel: #wg-doc
For troubleshooting only: #wg-onlinetools