DNA Party workchoppe vol.2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Saturday, November 28 from 10 AM to 3 PM at Hackuarium Chemin du closel 5, Renens (VD) - Switzerland. - map
- 10:00 AM visit to UniverCité. Where we work. - You will wander on a 1,000 sqm open space hosting a bio-laboratory, a co-working space, a maker-space and an hacker-space.
- 11:00 Introduction to DNA in beer and everywhere. slides - Gianpaolo will give a short update on why there is DNA beer and why this matter.
- 11:20 AM Practical update: where we are now? slides
- 11:30 AM Practical workshop.You will extract DNA from a beer and take it home. You can bring your favourite beer for the analysis. Beware: non-filtered beer works better.
- 12:00 Demo.You will have a working demonstration of all the steps required to make the beer genome.
- 12:30 Lunch.We will eat a pizza together and discuss about your favorite topics. Like you know, beer.
- 1:00 Bioinformatic priming slides - Jonathan will show you the raw sequencing data and all the rain-man analyses required to make sense out of a Gigabyte of ATCG.
- 1:30 PM Workshop.Free time to work at Hackuarium. Let's hack something together!
- 2:00 Brainstorming.You will help us in imagining the future of our space and the future of beer.
- 3:00 Surprise. (It was a visit of the microbrewery La Nébuleuse + a degustation).
It went well
Read a full report (with pictures) that Brij wrote for our kickstarter update 14: Discovering the emotional content of beer