20170412 Board meeting

From Hackuarium
Revision as of 17:28, 12 April 2017 by Vlorenzo (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Agenda of the Board Meeting

Date: Wednesday, April 12th, 20.00-22.00pm
Place: UniverCité, 3rd floor meeting room



  • Vanessa & Rachel




Welcome address

(Vanessa, 1 min)

Point 0: public minutes

(Vanessa, 1 min)

Get ok from all board members to upload minutes on wiki (or else discuss alternative below)


Point 1: UC Crowdfunding campaign

Update from the President

(Vanessa, Rachel, 5 min)

Renens to provide a great part of funds (0.8M of 1.2M needed), and Vanessa and Rachel (and Gustavo) had a nice lunch with the syndic, Jean-François Clément.

Edouard Treccani, who works for Inartis/MC, is the main contact for the Crowdfunding, which has a 'soft launch' planned for the night of the political debate about Innovation in Vaud (11apr), and the actual 'digital' launch sometime in the next month.

Who else wants to work on this? Who is ready to devote significant time over the next 6 weeks? We need people sharing news, making 'perks' for crowdfunding and probably much more!

Point 2: Community Happiness

(Shalf, 10 min)

Point 3: Biofabbing Fabrications and fabulations

Biofabbing Fabrications and fabulations --> The Unconference: (bordel but...) Visit to hackuarium Somewhere between 10 - 14 Mai from 19h. on --> WHO is there? Does is make sense to not have and special thing happening (hello and apero?) help to set a biolab at IdeaSquare for days 10 - 14 Mai Vanessa will make an email with projects that wanna be there --> WHO Finally?


  • Microgrant Process Review shared, i.e. work has started. Shalf will keep improving this page until next board meeting for a structured conversation to happen.

Ateliers de Renens

Next steps proposed and approved:

  • Follow-up w/ Christophe re: stolen wood
  • Check next UC Community Meeting date & governance. Yann will update the board & community to make sure we have time to properly gather feedback from everyone, and will go with someone else from the Board (depending on meeting's agenda and availabilities). ***(when to start a strategy to discuss amongst us?)

Community Strength

Our philosophy, how many people are really active and open? How many people are really paying members? How often do more than the core 5-10 actually come to the lab?? ...

Point 3: Varia

Implement automatic reply

(Luc, 2 min)

For the hello@hackuarium email address.
We would need it both in French and English. Based on the email from London Biohackerspace:

Thanks for your email and for being interested in what we do!
We will come back to you as soon as possible but in the meantime please have a look at
our website: http://www.hackuarium.ch
our wiki: http://wiki.hackuarium.ch
Hackuarium is a volunteer-led space and we need to use our time wisely.
If you want to talk to us, we meet at 19:30 every Wednesday evenings at
UniverCité, Chemin du Closel 5, 1020 Renens
The Hackuarium team

Luc would be happy to polish the text and send it to Vanessa for implementation.

Update Website

(Luc, 2 min)

Sam -> any idea of the number of visitors?
Add profile of all members.
Update projects description.

Update BeerDeCoded

(Gianpaolo, 1 min)

We have the DNA raw data of 39 beers.
Communication plan

Point 4: Events

(YY, XX minutes)


(Vanessa, 15 min)

Biofabbing conference will happen on May 10-13.

Point 5: Future activities

(Vanessa, 2 min)