Organising an Event
You want to help us spread the love for tech, science, art and design, and organise an event? Go for it!
Here is a "Wiki express" so that everyone has the basics:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org — to make sure there is no conflict with another event
- Someone on the board will check that the space is free
- Build a wiki page for the event (see template below)
- Our 'communications coordinator' will get in touch to ask for content and will make sure the announcements are made on all the social media outlets for Hackuarium!
- In case you need a microgrant to cover the costs (up to 300.-), send an email to email@example.com with a description (what, when, who) and a preliminary budget.
- When all this is arrange, talk to the community, to spread the word —> us the slack #_uc-events channel
- Is it a WORKSHOP? All the previous & make sure you get your logistics right! (and use the tag at the bottom of the page)
- Is there a SIMILAR workshop ALREADY planned? If yes, negotiate dates and: Do you target the SAME people? If yes, negotiate. If not, no problem. It maybe interesting to see what others do.
Template for an Hackuarium event
First, create a line for your event on the main page under the [Main_Page#Events | Event section] using the following line:
:<li>'''201X.XX.XX''' Wednesday 19:00-22:00: [[201XXXXX_TITLE | TITLE]] - SHORT DESCRIPTION
Make sure the date, time and title are provided. Save the main page.
The event will appear with a link. By clicking on this link you will create the event page.
The following must be added to the event page (replace XXX by appropriate values):
Open Hackuarium #XX - TITLE<br> Organisé par XXX<br> '''ENGLISH BELOW''' <br> * Langue principale cette semaine: '''Anglais'''<br> * Thème : '''TITLE''' * Date : '''Mercredi XX.XX.2018, 19h''', présentation et discussion à 19:30 et jusqu'à 21h * Lieu : Salle "XXX", UniverCité, 3ème étage - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -<br> * Main language this week: '''English'''<br> * Theme: '''TITLE''' * Date: '''Wednesday XX.XX.2018, 19:00''', presentation and discussion start at 19:30 * Location: Room "XXX", UniverCité, 3rd Floor
Add a text description providing more details about the event.
You include pictures in the same way as in any other page using the following code:
Add the following tags at the bottom of the page: