20190911 Board Meeting
Board Meeting Agenda
Weds. September 11, 2019, 18h30-20h30 (on fera tout pour finir à 20h si possible)
Place: Hackuarium, Route de Crochy 20, CH-1024 Écublens, VD
- 1 Point 1: Website updates
- 2 Point 2: Finance
- 3 Point 3: Assurances/Insurance
- 4 Point 4: Events
- 5 Point 5: demande de micro-grant Dans La Drêche
- 6 Point 5: Kid's Science Club
- 7 Point 6: Nomenclature
- 8 Point N
Welcome (Rachel, 1 min)
- Public minutes
Get ok from all board members to upload minutes on wiki (or else discuss alternative below).
Point 1: Website updates
Update on last remote work sessions with Jana' decisions/results
Questions re: future design for board member; decision to escalate to community
Point 2: Finance
- Factures to members from Masoud? - all former crowdfunding full year supporters in progress? others?
- tax free status? -- progrès?? should we assign a comité??
- grant writing? -- missedPro Helvetiac appel de septembre ?? to confirm!
- volunteers to take the lead and/or help for more fundraising? - lottery attempt again? others?
Point 3: Assurances/Insurance
At least two types of insurance need to be decided upon/budgeted:
- for unpaid employees/stagiaires need accident insurance coverage (even for outside of job).
before we counted on UniverCité for this when signing contracts with stagiaires of EPFL
definitely worth it! say all...
need to get offers (Octanis uses Balois)
- for ECA extra coverage lab contents
whole building covered by owner, but, if tragedy, all could be lost...
costs for getting new, however, might seem over the top
Point 4: Events
5 year party, 5 oct
- budget (shalf? -- prix vin + fromage avant le 31.8) . RSVP date set with newsletter 27sept :) autre progrès ??
- T-shirt making: qui a réussi demander un devis pour 100 tees ?
- beemos workshop 11am
budget? ok? super goodies :)
- GMO detective v2 for 13h
-budget 300-400euros: ok? awesome discussion certain
- Océane et Luc ?? for 15h30
- Maurice volunteers to do demos and give out the flying disks again for this party!
- others ??
demos of OpenFlexure by RA in inner sanctum, and moss etc in biolab
of ?? (bioprinter? living instrument(s), radiation detector, other??)
- what else? RA contacts at Ecublens school (Colin F et Science teacher), who else?
SciComm 7min talk practice
- For Speed Talk
La recherche participative pour la santé publique
- 18sept ??time?? For event in Bienne 19/20Sept RA
Visit by Kaspar
GOSH guy from Germany, also worked with UK lab on OpenFlexure - meeting in Zurich 19sept.
- Fête de la Science, Ferney Voltaire (Oct)
- Report on Numerik Games please Rachel/Esther: was it worth the efforts?
- EPFL 50y & CERN Open Days next WE: who's going to what, if any? - Octanis will have Portes Ouvertes stand
- Walder Wyss Startup Desk meetup last week (Yann)
- Lille Cité du Design (2020) / Festival de la Cité (juillet 2020): wanna join Dans La Drêche?
- Récupérer emails sur porte salle de réunion => Yann as Secretary + Raffael for the Coop will email our neighbors to invite them for Oct 5
Point 5: demande de micro-grant Dans La Drêche
Dans La Drêche
- Avancées ces dernirs mois
- Equipe (membership Noëmi ?)
- Dossier Maladière + séchage futur dans le jardin
- Contreparties rapport et autres de la micro-grant
? team working on this at Hackuarium? presentation?? or just for Ferney-Voltaire 'fête'??
Quelle procédure pour les micro-grants des membres ?
- email à comité - 3 oks et ok...
- Form (retrouver celui de Yann P. ?)
- Blog post
- a Leader from the Board, by default Secretary and Treasurer will follow up
Point 5: Kid's Science Club
- To welcome youngsters to lab every Weds afternoon.
- Help of Octanis/Polymeka?
- Maurice also ready to help (so chem)!
10 week program? sign up no more than 6 kids, 9-15 years old? budget, fees?
Point 6: Nomenclature
participatory research = la recherche participative
- Next board meeting 9 octobre (reprise rythme 2e mercredi chaque mois)