Difference between revisions of "20170911 Board Meeting"

From Hackuarium
Jump to: navigation, search
(More Activities)
(More??)
Line 84: Line 84:
 
Design homework and experimental <br>
 
Design homework and experimental <br>
 
* very expensive
 
* very expensive
===More??===
+
===Conference Series at Octanis@EPFL===
 +
 
 +
Sam: Jonathan, Luc, Rachel come to Octanis @ EPFL and present Beerdecoded (3rd October), LivingInstruments, "Talk".
 +
- CONFIRM: We are going to file the first talk with Jonathan to EPFL this week.
 +
- NEXT ACTION: We will need to fix the other dates tonight if possible.
  
 
==Other Business==
 
==Other Business==

Revision as of 15:25, 10 September 2017

Agenda of the Board Meeting

Date: Wednesday, Sept 11, 17-19pm
Place: UniverCité, 2rd floor meeting room


Composition

Chairs

  • Vanessa
  • Rachel

Present

  • Gustavo
  • Anne-Laure
  • Daniel
  • Vanessa
  • Yann Pierson
  • Gianpaolo
  • Sam (by Skype via Gianpaolo)

Excused

  • Luc
  • Yann Heurtaux

Not Heard from (to date, Sept 7)

  • Ana (last note with excuses to RA on June 9th).


Agenda Items

@Hello Board

(Vanessa, 1 min)

Public minutes

(Rachel, 1 min)

Get ok from all board members to upload minutes on wiki (or else discuss alternative below)

Objections?

Financial Status of the Association

No news from Ana?
A proposal has been made that Luc should become the treasurer again, since Ana has not been in contact recently.
Who makes a motion that Luc will take up the position of Treasurer in addition to his role as Secretary?
to vote

3rd Anniversary of the Association and Crowdfunding

(Vanessa, 10 minutes) The Hackuarium Association is 3 years old, as of September 2017 (exact dates?)
Plans for big launch of crowdfunding on Weds, 18 October and Big Party with activities for Saturday, 28 October.
Any objections?
Join in for next crowdfunding meeting on 13Sept to help more, esp need video scenarios etc.

Roles of Committee Members

(Everyone, 30 minutes) What do we each do? and what do we still need??
Community building
Event organisation - especially working group for #OH nights
UC coordination

Proposal for Internal Activities

How does the idea of monthly meetings with other UC/co-working/startup groups sound to you?
Other ideas?

Updates on External Activities

(Daniel, 10-15 minutes)

Bio Summit

web site: https://www.biosummit.org/

dates: Friday September 21 to Sunday September 25, 21 to 25 for out-of-towners

funding: likely partial, full funding to be confirmed

HTGA

Starts sept 13th 14 sessions -> every week
Bio.academany.org
Design homework and experimental

  • very expensive

Conference Series at Octanis@EPFL

Sam: Jonathan, Luc, Rachel come to Octanis @ EPFL and present Beerdecoded (3rd October), LivingInstruments, "Talk". - CONFIRM: We are going to file the first talk with Jonathan to EPFL this week. - NEXT ACTION: We will need to fix the other dates tonight if possible.

Other Business

Part time proposition

Has this been pursued, since brought up by YannP for the Board meeting on 12July (and never really fully discussed)?
de la dernière réunion de comité: by Yann P, Je veux négocier avec UC la création d'un poste de lab manager à temps partiel.

  • Current status?

Another potential part time salary from InArTiS might be to have a UC community/event manager again, as Yann H did in the old days.
did Luc ever get compensation for event planning for UC?
it is clear Juliette needs extra help in organising UC with co-working and pro space in crises...

Lab work

(Gustavo, 20min)
Flooring, water, ventilation...
Interphone

  • Who plans to come in more regularly?
  • Will anyone use the co-working desks??

More Activities

  • Edgeryders Open Village Festival 2017, 19-21 October, Brussels

RA going (will miss projected crowdfunding campaign launch day on the 18th, but back for the party...)

  • Belgrade Science Festival - December 2017 - interested in Foldscope, but also music and art hacks... Maybe someone (Sam? [ Sam: won't be able to join in the end, exam prep time :( ] others?) also would like to come?

Funds are being requested for RA and one more...

  • other? (Vanessa, please share your plans, too, in advance!)